Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bring on the bottles

Avery, Will, and Alivia are now working on conquering the art of drinking from a bottle. Before they can go home they must be able to do all of their meals through a bottle. Avery is leading the way usually able to drink all of her bottle before getting tired. Will is just a little bit behind her but takes a little longer and sometimes unable to finish. Little Alivia gives a great effort but still only able to finish about half before growing to tired. The nurses describe the bottle feeding as a mini marathon for them because of the energy it requires. What they don't finish they give the rest through the little tubes in their nose that you see on the pictures, this tube goes down to the stomach. Over all they are doing excellent gaining weight and building strength. The nurse said on Monday they were awake and alert and so cute so she had to start taking pictures. About 145 pictures later she finished. It looks like they had a good time.

Avery Will Alivia









First family photo

20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, they are adorable. I remember those first days with our twins just being so incredibly overwhelming! I am so excited for you guys and so glad they are all doing well. Please let us know if we can help in any way, I miss the days when my babies were tiny and just wanted to snuggle all day long and would LOVE to come help!! Enjoy it now, soon they will be taking over!

    Joeli (Grose) Carroll

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just so, so cute! What a great nurse to capture those pics for you guys. That little Will is going to be a charmer for sure! Hope you're recovering well too Shana - great job on getting them here so healthy!! ~Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. O M G !! They are soooooo cute! I can't wait to meet them. one of these days I will catch you there, and Im gonna sneak in and take a peek! I have to go to the NST twice a week, on mondays and thursdays, so Im hoping to check in on them! Anyways- Im so glad they doing so well, and o my what little cuties they are! I can't wait for my little bundle of joy to get here... Let me know if you need anything, I'd to help in any way I can. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all soooo adorable!! Congrats you guys! It was fun seeing you at the hospital. I hope you are feeling good Shanna. Please let us know if you need anything! We are getting excited to get our two little ones here too! I'm so glad you started a blog so we can check up on you and your sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness they just keep getting cuter and cuter I can't even stand it! Glad to hear that everything is going so well.. Helen told us that your mom had to go home so if you guys need any help just let me know, I would be more than happy to help out in any way.. Congrats again they are adorable..Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so amazed at the wonderful happy expressions little Alivia, Will and Avery show.
    They are destined to make you smile a lot and sleep a little.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shana & Scott........ your little babies are the most beautiful babies we've ever seen! I love these pictures of them all snuggled close to each other. We are so grateful you started a blog and are dying to come see these babies when they finally come home! We love you guys and those babies sure look good on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are soooo stinkin cute! Can't wait to see them! Hope everyone is doing great still! Let me know if you need anything! Love - Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Shana - do those pictures and your descriptions of life in the NICU bring back lots of memories of when my kido's were born. They are all so cute and are already changing so much. Isn't it amazing how fast they gain weight? I remember before Tanner came home he had to eat 25cc's in 15 min. or he would be burning more calories than he was taking in - does that sound familiar? It's crazy how you have to be so careful to not get them "over stimulated" and all the other things that you can and can't do. I am so happy for you guy's and can't wait till the day when you get to bring them all home. Love, Mindy (the crazy one in Sanpete)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay for gaining weight and bottles! they look sooo good. love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all so beautiful!!!!! They look like they are all doing so good and they are coming a long ways. Glad to hear that everything is coming right along and that they are all making progress. As always thanks for the updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, they are so cute I can't even stand it! I just look at them and smile. They must make you so happy! The first one is my favorite. Oh I just want to squeeze them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are the cutest things ever. Glad to hear they are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They really are so cute! You two made some cute babies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those babies are so adorable. Glad they like the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, they are beautiful!!! You are going to have such a great time with them. If you need anything let us know. I am sure that I have some cute baby girl clothes. Most of the boy stuff I have gotton rid of. I can't believe how gorgeous they are. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shana! What great photos! You don't look as worn out as I thought you would!:) You guys are amazing! Sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are adorable. I love the first picture. Glad to hear they are all doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. shanna and scott, the babies are so cute, but when I saw the family photo, I got a little homesick for my little friend and co-worker. I really appreciate the blog, and they pictures are so darling, they are perfect little babies huh? You didn't think this was the marathon you would run in did you Shana?
    I love and miss you.
    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shana, your Mom gave me the blog address so I could see the pictures of the babies. They are so darn cute. Enjoy every min. with them. I am so happy for you. Glenda

    ReplyDelete